Till death do us part
So tomorrow will be our 10th wedding anniversary. I have to say that I am very excited about that! These days it seems like marriages don't last that long. 17 years ago I met the love of my life, No I didn't know that he would be the ONE but I learned quickly.
So here is a little Marcia/Todd history. We where on Spring Break at Lake Fork with my parents like we did every SINGLE year. (not the ideal Spring Break for a 13 and 15 year old) A bunch of us girls where sitting by a camp fire just hanging out before we had to go home the next day. I decided to walked down to the dock to show one of my new friends that I carved my initials in the dock last year. When I get down to the boat stall where my initials where carved there was these two TALL guys just sitting in their boat with their tackle covering up my initials. So that is how it all started! Todd was down there with his Grandpa and his friend Todd Curtis for Spring Break too. Right away Todd and I started talking and learned we both lived in the HEB area! HOW COOL IS THAT!! We are 100 miles away from home! He knew what color Christmas lights we had on our house the previous year, his Grandma lived 1/2 a mile away from us, and I have several other weird things to share but this is already WAY TOO LONG!! So talked and talked till I mom made me come inside. The next day when I got up I was so worried he had already left. His tent was gone the boat was gone!! Well he wasn't! We exchanged #'s and the rest is history! We married 7 years later on the day we met March 14 . Four years into our marriage we had our first child Colby, then we welcomed sweet Addison in 06.
I pray our marriage stands the test of time! I love this man! He is my best friend, my rock, my lover my everything! I have to say I am SOOOOOO blessed to have met my soul mate at the age of 13, no doubt God had this all planned out!
So tomorrow we have a date night! I am so excited about! I went and got my spray on tan, my hair done, and a new outfit! Just like the good old days!! I am sure it will be a blast!
Happy Anniversary babe!



2 comments:
what a sweet story! you guys were meant to be. I hope you have fun on your date night! congrats~!
So awesome!! Congratulations... You know that Rudy and I share a similar story. I too thank God I found my mate early in life and that we grew up together. You and Todd and a perfect match and it's amazing to see how God uses a tackle box to create a family!!
Post a Comment